I was traveling for work this past week and didn’t get a chance to properly thank the talented Anne Timéa from LOL for my teen years for nominating my piece titled This Wind of Change for The Liebster Award. I am beyond honored to be nominated by such a talented blogger, and to have been given such a kind introduction to my abysmal writing 🙂 My blog was started as a way for me to share my feelings, ideas and experiences through both my fiction and non-fiction writing. Again, thank you Miss Timea for the honor and also for introducing me to the Liebster Award (which I honestly did not know much about before now). From what I was able to learn about it, here are its simple rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog
- Display the award on your blog, by including it in your post
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Once you have written and and published your post, inform the people/blogs you have nominated that the have been nominated for The Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post, so that they can learn about it!
Here are my responses to the 11 QUESTIONS I received from Anne:
1) If money didn’t matter what would your dream job be?
Despite having gotten a “practical” degree from school in economics, I have always dreamed of doing something creative, whether it is writing, painting, or designing, without having to worry about whether it will make me enough money to survive. So if money didnt matter, I would dream of being a full-time writer or a design artist.
2) What is the moment you realised you should start your own blog?
When I realized I wanted to tell stories and share my thoughts and ideas but worried that the people around me would not understand it the way I intend my stories to be. I worried they would judge me. But the overwhelming urge to still share and reach out beyond the immediate circle of people around me led me to create a blog. Today, people both within and outside the realm of friends and family know about my blog and the support has been beyond my wildest expectations.
3) If you could teleport yourself to a place, any place (real or imaginary) which one would it be? ( and yes, you can,after that, go back home 🙂 )
I think the most important thing for me to consider would be the people I will meet in that place and not so much the place itself? Remember how Owen Wilson’s character in Midnight in Paris gets picked up at the corner of a street in Paris to be teleported to the 1920s where he has conversations with Josephine Baker, F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Earnest Hemingway, and Gertrude Stein. Now teleporting to THAT scene would be spectacular!
4)This might sound like a job interview but… Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hopefully having made my transition from my current line of work to something in the creative field. I want to write, whether it is at a magazine, news agency, or for online media, with a completed manuscript that I am proud of.
5) Who is your favourite artist (painter, designer, musician etc.) of all time?
Naming one over the top of my head is difficult, particularly since I usually like artists for their particular work, for instance, The Swing by Fragonard is my favorite oil painting, the Ming Vase Dress by Cavalli and Valentino Couture 2014 collection by Valentino I think are probably the most beautifully crafted dresses I’ve seen, the Creation of Adam by Michaelangelo is the most breathtaking fresco, Jane Austen is the only author whose every single work I have read and reread, Cold Play, Frank Sinatra, John Legend, and Ellie Goulding usually make all my playlists.
6) What is the food you would never get tired of eating it?
Any breakfast food. Cereal, pancakes, waffles, bagels, eggs…….any breakfast food. I often eat them for my other meals too.
7) What task would you like to accomplish today?
Make a new blog entry, this post I suppose can fulfill that criteria 😉
8) What is your favourite mythological or fairy-tale creature?
Something about the appearance of wisdom of owls make them my favorite creature. Also the Phoenix, I suppose for its ability to rise from its ashes and heal with its magical tears (or is that only in Harry Potter? lol), makes it my top 2. I suppose it is also because I am Asian, the Phoenix is very significant in Asian cultures.
9) How would you describe yourself in three words?
Just as the title of my blog, a flibbertigibbet, sensitive but perceptive.
10) Which fictional character do you most relate to?
Whoa! I dont know, good question.
11)Who is your role model and why?
My father for being the only person I know in the world who actually genuinely practices what he teaches us. Mostly to be an intelligent/smart but compassionate, forgiving, and kind person. Jane Austen for writing the way she did and for making us all that much more a romantic. God knows this world could use a little romance and love ever so often.
Random Facts About Me:
1. I have lived in 3 different countries thus far. And can communicate (ranging from extremely fluently to basic) in all three languages.
2. I am a Buddhist. Not religiously but spiritually (if that makes sense).
3. While I may be an introvert and shy at first, once we become friends I wont stop talking. You may have to shut me up 😛
4. The number 8 is my favorite number (it shows up a lot in a lot of important things in my life).
5. I hate people who rudely interrupt other people. I dont understand why one cannot just wait your turn to speak and LISTEN to other people.
6. Even as a little girl I’ve always said that my most ideal job would be one where they would pay me to read books and write books.
7. If I had to choose between eating and sleeping, I would probably choose the latter. I am a bit of a lazy bum.
8. Old trinkets make me very happy. Like old timey biscuit tins, tea boxes, books, postcards, etc.
9. The Victorian Era is probably my most favorite. That is probably the era I would most like to go back and see.
10. I can speak 5 languages fluently, and 2 basic conversation. But somehow when people ask if I am multilingual I always only remember to say that I can speak 2 languages.
11. My biggest dream is to one day write a screenplay based on my book (which would mean I have a completed manuscript!!!). Whether it succeeds (screenplay and/or book) is irrelevant. It to me is mostly about having my work put out there in the world to share with everyone.
For my NOMINATION LIST, here are a few blogs I think are magnificent:
My QUESTIONS for you dear bloggers:
1. If you could wake up one morning to become a different nationality (temporarily), what other nationality would you like to be?
2. What do you think is greatest virtue in life? Why?
3. In a bag of skittles, what color would you be and why?
4. What is the funniest joke you know?
5. If you had the power to change one thing in the world, what would it be?
6. What is your greatest strength?
7. Who inspires you the most?
8. Which country tops your list of places to travel? Why would you want to go there?
9. If you had the choice between becoming extremely rich from doing a job you hate or scraping by doing the thing you love most as a job, what would you choose?
10. How would you describe your blog if it were a person? (Using adjectives used to describe a person)
11. What is your favorite book and how has it changed your life? (If it has changed your life that is).